Welcome to Pi
Pi Engine is a role oriented application development engine for web and mobile, designed as the next generation and a successor to Xoops. Pi is developed upon PHP and MySQL with selected third-party frameworks including but not limited to Zend Framework library, jQuery, Bootstrap and Backbone.
Pi Project follows the philosophy of open standard, open design, open development and open structure. Pi is born as a complete open source project and intended to build a sustainable ecosystem that benefits all contributors and users.
Pi Team is highly inspired by the Xoops led by onokazu (Ono Kazumi), skalpa and phppp (Taiwen Jiang, or D.J.) successively since 2001 and will continue to support and promote Xoops.
The Engine is released under a New BSD License.
- Modularization for functionality and applications
- Components for basic libraries and services for fundamental system functions
- Theming for presentation and appearance
- Design-friendly templating
- DevOps oriented architecture